It’s Hump Day Headlines! This week: the President’s wives fight while he challenges his own Secretary of State to an IQ quiz-off, and other very normal news from a very normal week in our very normal country.
- Facebook and Twitter accounts: we’ve got ’em.
- President Donald Trump said this weird cryptic shit about our impending demise.
- The New York Times drew back the curtain on Hollywood producer Democratic super-donor Harvey Weinstein’s long history of sexual assault and cover-ups. The DCCC and some individual Dems have rerouted Weinstein’s donations to women’s groups.
- MORONGATE continues unabated. This week, Trump suggested an IQ test would prove he is smarter than Secretary of State and Guy Who Called Trump a Moron Rex Tillerson. We also learned that Tillerson dropped his “moron” comment after Trump asked for a tenfold increase in the United States’ nuclear arsenal.
- ANTHEMGATE is also ongoing. Vice President Mike Pence lit a bunch of taxpayer money on fire to go to an Indianapolis Colts game for the apparent sole purpose of leaving it again in protest over players kneeling during the anthem.
- Pence’s week wasn’t all missed football games: he also said we’re going back to the moon, baby! Kick-ass.
- The National Rifle Association announced support for a ban on bump stocks, but they want it done through the executive branch. Bump stocks were used in the Las Vegas shooting.
- Here is the Ivana Trump-Melania Trump feud that you didn’t know you needed. Ivana is one of the President’s ex-wives.