Here are all of the things you need to at least pretend to know this week, including multiple Trump feuds and a familiar funder behind the infamous pee tape dossier. This… is Hump Day Headlines.
- A pee tape dossier refresher: the opposition research file on Trump (which started out looking bogus but was later partly verified by the FBI) was first backed by Jeb Bush supporters and then by the DNC – though never by anyone in Hillary Clinton’s campaign, her attorney insisted.
- Well, you might wanna sit down for this, but Clinton’s campaign lawyer was lying.
- Here’s the FAKE MELANIA conspiracy theory you didn’t know you needed.
- Senators Jeff Flake (R-AZ) and Bob Corker (R-TN) are both retiring. With no elections to worry about, they both delivered historic denouncements of their own party’s president. Meanwhile, John McCain (R-AZ) dragged Trump for dodging the draft and George W. Bush rebuked Trump in a speech.
- GOP senators joined Trump for a totally normal lunch and had a great time, don’t worry about it.
- Former Trump White House aide and insanely racist person Sebastian Gorka thinks anti-gun legislation ignores our real problem: “black African gun crime against black Africans.”
- Gold Star widow Myeshia Johnson broke her silence on Trump’s condolence call. She said Trump struggled to remember her husband’s name. The President of the United States responded by calling the war widow a liar on Twitter.