Every Wednesday, Indelegate delivers the important and funny political news that you should at least pretend to have read. This week: Trump takes aim at DREAMers.
- We’re on Facebook and Twitter. Friend us and tag us in photos of your pets.
- DACA – that’s “Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals” – will end in six months, per an Executive Order from Donald Trump. The current Obama-era policy protects undocumented immigrants who came here as young children.
- Trump’s move could be a way to pressure Congress to make the same policy law. But he’s already undermined that pressure by saying he’ll take another look at DACA if Congress does not act.
- Hillary Clinton drags Bernie Sanders in her new book, which she had lots of time to write.
- Hurricane Irma is the strongest storm ever recorded in the Atlantic Ocean, and it seems likely to slam into Florida. The storm is already a crisis in the Caribbean and any U.S. landfall will come as the country still deals with Hurricane Harvey’s impact in Texas and Louisiana.
- A draft of Trump’s letter firing FBI Director James Comey is being examined by Robert Mueller’s Russia probe as possible evidence of obstruction of justice.