Every Wednesday, Indelegate delivers the important and funny political news that you should at least pretend to have read. This week: Trump goes off-script at the U.N.
- Let’s get social. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
- President Donald Trump gave a speech at the U.N. about the North Korean threat, but it went off the rails when he referred to Kim Jong-Un as “Rocket Man.” Though popular with his base, the speech did not impress foreign leaders.
- Paul Manafort is in big trouble. He’s actually been under investigation since 2006, and Robert Mueller is reportedly going to indict him.
- Trump walked back his position on DACA and then made a deal – tentatively! maybe! – with the Democrats to keep it in place, infuriating his base and confusing everyone else.
- Senator John McCain (R-AZ) is backing a bill to block Trump’s ban on transgender troops.
- Donald Trump, Jr. is giving up his secret service protection. Does he have something to hide, or is he just sick of bad agents taking photographs of his sleeping son?
- Republicans have managed another quick rally on Obamacare repeal. The proposed Graham-Cassidy bill slashes federal funding and disproportionately hits large, blue states like California.