Every Wednesday, Indelegate delivers the important and funny political news that you should at least pretend to have read. This week: Irma devastates Florida and Christian Bale gets Cheney-fat.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter, why don’t you?
- Florida was hit hard by Hurricane Irma. Florida lawmakers are pushing for federal relief money.
- Hillary Clinton’s book What Happened is out.
- Senate Republicans hated Donald Trump’s short-term funding deal with Democrats, but they weren’t able to stop it from passing.
- Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) are working on legislation to replace DACA, the executive measure that Trump announced will end.
- The UN is heaping more sanctions on North Korea following the country’s wild summer of threats, missile tests, and nuclear detonations.
- Christian Bale is preparing to star in a biopic about Vice President Dick Cheney by eating a lot of pies and getting real fat. Really can’t wait for this movie.