Every Wednesday, we bring you the most important and amusing news stories of the past week. This week: God bless us, every one!
- Sources say President-elect Trump rejected John Bolton for a cabinet position because of Bolton’s mustache.
- Kellyanne Conway, President-elect Donald Trump’s former campaign manager, earned a major role in his administration.
- Trump’s pick for communications director declined the position to “spend more time with [his] family” – but rumors are swirling of a sex scandal. Incoming White House press secretary Sean Spicer will do the job instead.
- In an interview with former aide David Axelrod, President Obama suggested he would have beaten Trump in a hypothetical head-to-head election.
- President-elect Trump took Obama’s comments in stride – NOT!
- The United States did not block a UN Security Council resolution condemning Israeli settlements.
- 75 years after Pearl Harbor, President Obama and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe visited the site.
- The New York Times looked at America’s cultural and political divide through the lens of television show popularity.
- We’ll soon find out how the Obama administration hopes to punish Russia for its election interference.