Every Wednesday, we bring you the most important and amusing news stories of the past week. This week: New York State politicians get in a big fight over a deer.
- Pretty much everyone now agrees that Russia interfered with the election to help Trump win. One dissenter: Trump himself.
- North Carolina Republicans lost the gubernatorial election this year, so they passed a law limiting the incoming Democrat’s power. Outgoing Republican Governor Pat McCrory (of “bathroom bill” infamy) has signed it into law.
- The FBI unsealed the warrant that prompted Comey’s infamous letter on the Clinton email investigation.
- In my personal favorite petty political fight of the year, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo and New York City Mayor Bill DeBlasio locked antlers over the fate of a wayward deer in Harlem. Aides swapped Twitter insults and then the deer died anyway.
- Donald Trump’s presidential win became official thanks to the Electoral College.
- A Russian ambassador was assassinated in Turkey.
- President-elect Trump and Former President Bill Clinton traded insults in the media and on Twitter.
- Bill O’Reilly prompted a backlash when he accused the left of wanting “power taken away from the white establishment.”
- Politico detailed the ways in which Trump allies in the media “browbeat” conservative Republicans who break with the president-elect.