Wednesday is Hump Day Headlines day. Here’s what you need to know about politics at the mid-point of this lousy week.
- Follow Indelegate on Facebook and Twitter.
- 59 people were killed by a shooter in Las Vegas Sunday night. Among mass shootings as typically defined in the U.S., this was the deadliest in history. The shooter legally modified semi-automatic weapons to fire at rates similar to automatic weapons.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack, but authorities have cast doubt on the claim. Contrary to popular belief, ISIS does not falsely claim attacks very often.
- Health and Human Services secretary Tom Price is out following his private jet scandal.
- Donald Trump visited Puerto Rico and put his foot in his mouth a few times.
- There was at least some amusing news this week: Rex Tillerson had to hold an unscheduled press conference to address reports that he called the President a “moron.”
- New reports reveal that Donald Trump, Jr. and Ivanka Trump narrowly escaped indictment for felony fraud in 2012 with the help of Trump’s lawyer, a top political donor to the district attorney.
- The Trump administration is backing a bill to ban abortions after 20 weeks. It has already passed in the House.
- Pro-life congressman Tim Murphy apparently urged his mistress to get an abortion. Not a great look!