If you get upset every time you read the news, why not just read it once a week? This is Hump Day Headlines, your source for all the political news you need in order to become minimally informed.
- Check us out on Facebook and Twitter.
- President Trump torpedoed healthcare subsidies that helped lower-income individuals pay for health insurance on the exchanges.
- Trump endorsed efforts to reach a bipartisan agreement on the subsidies he killed, but he pulled his support when the deal was actually reached.
- Here is a congressional candidate who believes that she was once abducted by aliens. Is she from Florida? Come on, you know you don’t really need to ask.
- Four American soldiers were killed in an ambush in Niger.
- Stung by criticism for his delayed reaction, Trump claimed past presidents did not call the families of troops killed in action (this is false).
- When he did call, Trump told a soldier’s widow “he knew what he signed up for,” according to the woman’s congresswoman. Trump says that’s a lie. The soldier’s mother says it’s not. Jesus Christ.
- Trump, who allegedly fired James Comey for being too tough on Hillary Clinton, is incensed that James Comey went too easy on Hillary Clinton.