Every Wednesday, we bring you the most important and amusing news stories of the past week. In this edition, Donald Trump outdoes himself and we recap the contentious second presidential debate.
- Donald Trump’s campaign absorbed its most serious blow yet when tape emerged of the candidate bragging about sexual assault on a hot mic in 2005.
- The fallout from Trump’s tape scandal was enormous, and the list of Republicans disavowing him swelled. John McCain was perhaps the most notable new defector. Do you feel bad for Ted Cruz yet?
- Al Gore, the Millennial Whisperer, is giving Hillary a hand with Florida voters.
- The second presidential debate took place this week. Hillary Clinton won, but the headline was the debate’s nasty tone.
- Paul Ryan did not disavow Donald Trump, but he did stop campaigning with him. Politico took a deep dive into everything that went into that very calculated decision.
- The Supreme Court heard arguments in Samsung Electronics Co. v. Apple, an important copyright infringement case.
- At the debate, Donald Trump claimed Warren Buffet and other Hillary donors don’t pay federal tax. Buffet responded by proving that he does – though he does pay only about 16% of his massive income in taxes.
- A Hillary Clinton rally set an attendance record. That is not a typo.
- I wrote about great political documentaries over at Cordcutting.com.