Every Wednesday, we bring you the most important and amusing news stories of the past week. This week: Omarosa is back!
- President Obama’s administration began striking back at Russia over the alleged election-year hacking.
- As part of that effort, they released a bunch of Russian hacker aliases. I helped out by ranking them all in order of awesomeness.
- While you were hung over on New Year’s day, Morning Joe host Joe Scarborough was arguing about whether or not he was at President-elect Donald Trump’s New Year’s Eve party. He was, BUT WAS HE REVELING?!
- House Republicans rang in the new year by attacking ethics oversight. After criticism – including some chiding from Trump on Twitter – they’ve dropped the effort.
- Trump has hired former The Apprentice villain Omarosa for a public outreach (really!) job in his administration.
- Wikileaks founder Julian Assange spoke with FOX News’ Sean Hannity and explained that Russia totally wasn’t behind all of those hacks, you guys.
- U.S. intelligence agencies don’t believe Assange, in no small part because he has ties to the Kremlin.
- Speaking of people with significant ties to Russia, President-elect Donald Trump totally believes Assange. He’s out here truthering his own intelligence organizations. What a time to be alive.