Every Wednesday, we bring you the most important and amusing news stories of the past week. This week: did Donald Trump watch Russian hookers pee all over each other? (Probably not, but we can hope.)
- Our Classic Scandal of the Month was Iran-Contra. Relive the excitement!
- Attorney General nominee Jess Sessions’ confirmation hearings drew protests from the public, but not (for the most part) from his fellow senators. Sessions is cruisin’ and will almost certainly be confirmed.
- President Barack Obama gave a farewell address.
- The Fix has an interesting piece up on the makeup of Trump’s cabinet, which will feature more private-sector and less government and academic experience than other recent cabinets.
- Will Trump make vaccine truthering into a partisan issue? Please, God, no.
- BuzzFeed broke with normal journalistic practice by posting a report full of unverified claims about President-elect Donald Trump, including a really salacious detail about golden showers that has stolen headlines from the much more upsetting Russia-related claims.
- Here at Indelegate, where we don’t have access to awesome pee reports, we just sniped at BuzzFeed and the report’s quality (which is trash, by the way).
- BuzzFeed has been widely criticized for publishing the report, but Deadspin’s Albert Burneko penned an impassioned defense of his fellow journalists.
- President-elect Donald Trump finally held a news conference. He also finally acknowledged Russia’s election-related hacking and and addressed some of his conflicts of interest.